The kids are home for summer and all of a sudden you realize that you will have to feed them lunch every single day. This can start to become the same boring things over and over again which, of course, nobody likes that at all. Check out these great ideas for lunch during the summer.
- Make your own pizzas. Get English muffins, pizza sauce and toppings. Let the kids make their own pizza and then just heat them in the oven until the cheese is melted. This is easy and a lot of fun for all of you.
- Try new kinds of sandwiches. Think outside the box and remember things you loved as a kid. You can have lunch meat and cheese, peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and banana, jelly, tuna or even teach your kids the fun of fried bologna sandwich. You can also try something new by making of these as a wrap with a tortilla instead of bread.
- Eat breakfast food for lunch. A lot of the time in the summer kids get their own breakfast by grabbing a bowl of cereal or a waffle. Make breakfast food for lunch such as eggs, bacon and omelets.
- Make it a veggie or fruit day kind of meal. Kids can get plenty to eat off of a great fruit or veggie tray and they will love grabbing the pieces they want.
- Fix easy things but let the kids help. This is the perfect time to teach them how to heat up a bowl of soup or make their own macaroni and cheese.
Now once you have lunch figured out you can also eat in different places. Try having a picnic in the backyard or making a fort to eat under. This will help keep the kids busy for a bit and they will enjoy a new way of having lunch. Don’t forget summer is almost over and then it is back to lunchboxes and school food.