There are many ways to get free movie tickets. The most known way is to listen to the radio and win them by calling in. Or reading a local paper and picking up the tickets at a certain location at a specific time. Both options take additional work and effort. Online opportunities exist, are easier and will be discussed below.
What you need to know:
One to two tickets is the usual free ticket options. Children’s movies will usually offer up to four tickets. Consider having an account as well as another for your significant other. Sometimes you might get an offer the other person doesn’t.
Just because you have a free movie pass does not mean you will get into the movie. Plan on arriving early. The promotion companies give out more passes than they have seats in order to have a full theater. Movie goers are familiar with standing on line and waiting to not even get in. It is all part of the process.
Do not print out more passes then you intend to use. If you get passes and then can’t go, cancel your reservation. This will allow others to get passes.
Getting free tickets does take some work. There are online ways to gain tickets for free. See the list below of sites you can join or check for updates. Don’t rely solely on email for notification. Join their page if possible, like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter to gain the fastest information. Check from time to time to see if there are passes available. In most instances, you will need to enter a code to get the tickets.
See it First
- print out your passes – one per person attending
- arrive early
- leave your cell phone in the car – many movie previews will collect cell phones
- don’t buy concessions until you know you are getting into the theater
- have your entire party arrive together (no saving seats)
- know that you will be sitting right next to someone you don’t know (all seats get filled)
- go with the flow, don’t stress about it, don’t raise a fuss (they can remove you or refuse access)