Fun Things To Do With Broken Jewelry
I love to buy bag lots of broken jewelry. The adventure and the unknown of purchasing a bag filled with shiny and glittery items is simply just too much for me to resist. And I hate it when I break a piece of my jewelry. I never want to throw out the broken parts. Fragments of broken jewelry can be use in many ways.
- Put single clip-on earrings on a pony tail elastic for embellishment
- Wrap fine beaded necklace strands around barrettes, hair clips, and pony tail elastic ties
- Place loose stones and beads in planters, glass containers, aquariums, ponds, and vases
- Pierce leather belts and put unusual pierced earrings on the belts
- Combine broken necklace strands to make a belt
- Put old earrings through cuff link holes
- Put old clip-on earrings on flats to embellish them-use the toe or the heel area
- Hang broken necklace strands in trees for party decorations or hang them from potted plant chains
- Put strands on your Christmas tree or hang earrings from the tree branches
- Use them for school projects
- Glue or sew the stones on clothing to add pizzazz
- Mix and match earrings to achieve an eclectic look
- Tie broken strands around your scarf
- Put clip-on earrings on headbands
- Use pieces for Halloween costumes and Halloween jewelry
Have fun and try to use every bit of the broken pieces. Save the hooks, links, and chains so that you can use them as repair parts. Also save old earring backs in case you lose one of yours.
I love old jewelry and like to think that each piece has a story to tell. I love to buy the mixed bag lots on EBay. Do not throw out your broken jewelry. Simply find a new use for your old pieces!