If you’re wanting to get fit and find the best gym in Columbus, allow me to direct you to what could be one of the best workout experiences of your life. Here I’ve chosen four highly contrasting gyms. Read them over and see which one could possibly be the best fit for you.
Gym’s Gold Express, located at 2260 Morse Rd., Columbus, Ohio, offers two affordable no-contract, payment options and convenient hours for those men and women who are really serious about getting into shape.
- The Express membership, only $9.99 per month, will give you access to a variety of the latest weight and cardio machines, free weights, fitness classes, and cardio cinema.
- For just $19.99 per month, the Gold membership will add on unlimited tanning, massage chair use, and buddy passes.
- Both payment options come with fitness consultants who are dedicated to seeing that you attain your fitness goals. Each group fitness instructor will teach you professional techniques as well as take you through a targeted 30 minute workout.
- Gold’s Gym Express has an exclusive Cardio Cinema where members can burn calories and watch a movie at the same time. Now, this one’s truly different.
- Trainer pre-recorded workouts are also available for members, as well as and full locker rooms with showers, changing areas and hair dryers.
With convenient parking and easy access to public transportation, Gold’s Gym Express is the perfect environment for people who are on the go. Hours of operation are: Monday-Friday, 5am-11pm; Saturday & Sunday, 7am-7pm. Telephone: 614-472-4095; for more locations in the Columbus area, visit website: goldsgym.com.
Curves, a gym specifically for women, was designed to help women around the globe lead more fit and healthier lives. Located at 3400 Kohr Blvd., Columbus, Ohio, Curves complete weight loss program has been known to help women decrease fat, increase lean muscle, boost metabolism and help maintain any weight loss through individually customized programs.
- Curves have a variety of programs to help their members reach their goals through fitness training, meal planning, and certified coaching among others.
- What I’ve found impressive about Curves is that each member is assisted by a Curves Coach who is certified in programs that are specifically connected with the Cleveland Clinic, one of the most respected hospitals in the nation.
Curves provide convenient parking and easy access to public transportation. Hours of operation are: Monday & Wednesday, 7:30am-12pm & 3:30pm-6:30pm; Tuesday & Thursday, 7:30am-12pm & 3pm-7pm; Friday, 8am-12pm & 3pm-7pm; Saturday, 8:30am-12:30pm; Sunday closed. For membership information you will be encouraged to go in for a consultation. Telephone: 614-498-0089, for more locations in the Columbus area, visit website: curves .com.
Metro Fitness, conveniently located in downtown Columbus, offers for their members over 75 classes on a weekly basis. Membership also includes having access to one of their nearby facilities 365 days out of the year, multiple tanning packages, and access to their Pro Shop for a variety of accessories and supplements to complement the workout regimen.
- A free Personal Training Orientation is provided for all members by reservation only. This orientation provides for both members and guests the opportunity to become more familiarized with the facility and its equipment by speaking with one of Metro Fitness’ Certified Personal Trainers.
- Equipment provided: cardiovascular equipment, including treadmills, elliptical cross-trainers, recumbent bicycles and stair steppers.
With visually, impressive architecture, the historical, Ohio building provides an elegant climate for its members with high, cathedral ceilings and classical art. Parking may be somewhat of a hassle during weekday hours but during the evening and weekend hours, parking may be more convenient. This location can also be easily accessed by public transportation. Hours of operation for Metro Fitness (9 East Long St., Columbus, Ohio) are: Monday-Thursday, 5:30am-10pm; Friday, 5:30am-8pm; Saturday, 9am-6pm; Sunday, 10am-6pm. For membership information, please call telephone: 614-228-8866. For more locations in the Columbus area, please visit website: metrofitnessohio.com.
Life Time Fitness is one of the best gyms in Columbus because it finds a way to engage the entire family which is a great motivating factor for me. Located at 3900 Easton Station, inside the Easton shopping mall, members will have access to over 25 sports, fitness programs, activities, classes and events.
- Life Time also provide for their members an indoor swimming pool, the Life Spa and Life Cafe, in house Life Clinic Chiropractic, and free subscription to their Experience Life magazine. Life Time Fitness is just simply a beautiful resort away from home.
- Other amenities provided here are cardio equipment, free weights, child center, fitness studio, sauna, rock wall climbing, squash courts and so much more.
Also, provided for their members is convenient free parking in the mall’s parking garage, as well as the option to having easy access to public transportation. Life Time Fitness hours of operation are: 4am-12am daily. For other times of activities and other locations, please visit website: lifetimefitness .com. For membership information please call telephone: 614- 428-6000.