These recipes are my favorite to make for our family cookouts that kids will love. They are little appetizers that they can as appetizers or even as part of their dinner. My sister-in-law also started making these for the kids birthday parties. They are perfect for little hands. I hope your family, kids and adults, will like these recipes as well. Happy eating.
CHEESE STUFFED APPLES:
- 3 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 ounce of Camembert cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 apples
- Beat your cream cheese, Camembert cheese and olive oil with an electric mixer for 4 minutes or until smooth.
- Core your apples and scoop out the insides leaving a 1/2 inch wall of the apple.
- Fill the apples with your cheese mixture.
- Chill for 2 hours and cut into wedges.
- 1/2 pound of sausage
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 8 ounces of refrigerated biscuits
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 4 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Brown your sausage in your frying pan and drain off fat and set aside for later use.
- Add in your dried oregano and garlic.
- On your greased baking sheet, flatten your refrigerated biscuits with your hand so they are 4 inch circles.
- Top your biscuits with tomato paste and sausage. Make sure to leave a rim around the sides.
- Sprinkle with cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
PARMESAN RICE SQUARES:
- 2 cups of bite sized crisp rice squares
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, toss your bite sized rice squares with 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Sprinkle with your Parmesan cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and cook on a non stick baking sheet for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Let cool and serve.
SNAPPY CHEESE STICKS:
- 1 stick of pie crust mix
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Prepare your pie crust to the directions on the package while mixing it with your cheddar cheese, mustard and paprika.
- Roll your dough out on a lightly floured workspace.
- With a knife, cut 1/2 inch sticks that are 4 inches long.
- Place your cut sticks on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in your oven at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly and enjoy.