Travel can be stressful enough in the best of times. Here are a few ways to take the stress out of common travel situations by simply using the camera in your cell phone. (Don’t worry about megapixels, they are not important!)
- Parking. You park your car at the airport, but you are in a rush. When you return back, you just can’t remember where your car is!
This is simple: just snap a quick photo of where your car is parked. When you get back, it will guide you to the right section. You might want to snap the bus stop, too!
PS: this also works well when you are out and about on your trip and park your rental in a parking lot where you have never been before!
- Hotel Room. Today, you get a credit card like room key for your hotel room. Your room number is nowhere on the card for security reasons. Just snap a quick shot of your room door to always remember where you need to go at the end of the day.
- Luggage. So many bags look alike that you need to be able to identify yours in the event of your bags being lost. Take a picture of your bags before checking them. In case of that awful event, at least you can show the airline what your bag looks like.
- Rental Car. If you travel a lot (or a little), it is so easy to forget what your rental car looks like (or find it in a parking lot!). A picture on your phone could save lots of time. (Be sure to include the license plate, too!)
- Identity. Today’s travel requires proof of your identity. If your passport or drivers’ license gets lost or stolen, you have a problem! A picture of each will help you prove who you are and help to replace the document quickly!
Five easy ways to reduce the stress of travel simply by using the camera in the cell phone already in your pocket! Safe travels.