Pittsburgh is home to 300 steel-related businesses. It is the home of the Steelers, as well as the home of the Penguins and the Pirates. What you don’t know is Pittsburgh is also home to some of the greatest film events you will ever attend. So what are they?
1. 33rd Three Rivers Film Festival. This is one of the biggest movie events ever to step foot in the steel city, attracting thousands every year. Although they are taking submissions now, this movie event starts in November. With everything from animation, documentary, short fiction, and experimental you’re not going to want to miss this event. For more information call: (412) 681-5449 today.
2. International Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. This week long film celebration starts on Friday, October 10th. And like most festivals, screenings are held all throughout Pittsburgh. With everything from feature films and documentaries to videos and shorts, this is a movie event you don’t want to miss. For more information call: (412) 422-6776 today.
3. Silk Screen Asian American Film Festival. One of the things I love most about the steel city is the culture. Starting on Friday, April 25th until Sunday, May 4th is an amazing movie event you don’t want to miss. With countries such as China and India, as well as, Japan and Iran and many more, this event celebrates culture at it’s finest. For more information call: (412) 346-8038 right now.
4. 21st Annual JFilm Festival. Formerly known as the Jewish-Israeli Film Festival starts on Thursday, March 27th and lasts for almost 2 weeks. With various screenings at an array of locations throughout the steel city, you are going to want to check out this movie event. For more information call: (412) 992-5203 today.
5. 8th Annual Carnegie International Film Festival. This amazing movie event features over a dozen feature films and documentaries, making it one of the hottest events in the steel city. The event has already started, but is ongoing until Saturday, April 5th. For more details about this amazing movie event, visit the official CMU website right now.