There are two types of people in this world: There are people who are able to hop out of bed early in the morning with a smile on their face and a positive attitude, but there also those people who pull the blankets over their head and press the snooze button on their alarm clock. If you’re not a morning person, dragging yourself out of bed for work or school can be a difficult task. To make your mornings more enjoyable, here are five ways to wake up happy!
1. Power down before bed. Turn off your television, phone, tablets and others devices at least an hour before bed. It is difficult for the brain to relax when you’re browsing through your favorite social media site or binging on the newest reality TV show. Giving yourself to unwind before bed ensures you’ll get a great night of sleep which is the key to waking up happy.
2. Wake up to good music. Putting on an upbeat song will help put you in a fantastic mood during the early hours of the day. Once you’re up and moving, blast a playlist through your home and dance as you’re getting ready. Waking up to music wipes away any negative morning feelings. This is a wonderful way to start your day off on a positive note, literally!
3. Drink plenty of water. Drinking water instead of coffee or energy drinks in the morning is the best way to supply your body with the energy that it needs to kickstart your day. Drinking water when you wake up provides you with the fluids that you lost while sleeping. Plus, this is a good way to fit in your recommended daily eight cups.
4. Avoid the snooze button. While ten minutes of extra sleep may sound amazing when you don’t want to get out of bed, it only messes with your cycle of sleep and will cause you to wake up even more exhausted that you did in the first place.
5. Embrace sunshine. Waking up to the beautiful sunshine signals to your body that is is time to get started and that you need to proceed with your morning routine. The shining sun will also help stop your body from releasing melatonin, the hormone that makes you tired.
Waking up happy is as easy as listening to a few good songs and drinking a cool cup of water! With these tips, you may end up embracing the “early bird gets the worm” attitude. What do you do to make sure that you wake up happy?