Memorial Day is a federal holiday that occurs in the last Monday in May. This day honors those who have died in the United States Armed Forces. On this special day, people from all across the country get together to celebrate and enjoy the finest entertainment, company, and most importantly, food. So what are some amazing vegetarian appetizers to enjoy on Memorial Day?
1. Patriotic Football Brownie Bites. What do Americans love more than anything? Football! To create these brownie bites, just use flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, flaxseed powder, almond milk, coconut oil, and stevia. Bake. To create the icing, just use: coconut milk, vegan butter, coconut cream, and powdered sugar. Serve. Add some hemp and make it a real party.
2. Funnel Cake Fries. How do you make these amazingly addicting appetizers? Combine flour, coconut oil, almond milk, coconut cream, apple sauce, salt, and stevia to a bowl, mix, and fry. Believe it or not, they are not only the easiest thing I have ever made, but one of the most delicious things I have ever ate.
3. Caprese Salad. Is less more? Is simple better? Caprese is simply a combination of tomato, mozzarella, basil, salt, and olive oil. However; it can be dressed accordingly, meaning – you can add anything you want to it. Make it a hit during this holiday by adding Port Wine Cheddar. Classic contorno!
4. Blue Velvet Cupcakes. Red, white, and…To create these cupcakes, just use: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, almond milk, blue food coloring, coconut oil, and stevia. Bake. To create the icing, just use: coconut milk, dairy-free cream cheese, coconut cream, and powdered sugar. Serve. What can be more appetizing than blue velvet cupcakes for Memorial Day?
5. Pomegranate Seeds. Every pomegranate is composed of at least a hundred seeds. And if you don’t know how to de-seed a pomegranate, here is a great tutorial to show you how. Not only are they incredibly healthy, they taste good, are addicting to eat and they make a fantastic appetizer.