For some parents and even babies, teething is a dreadful milestone! While for some, it’s a smooth milestone. Luckily for me, my son didn’t really have much trouble with teething. He got a fever the first time he ever cut a tooth and cried the entire night away. After that, he handled it really well(which says a lot because he normally cuts two teeth at once when teething). But I still got him teething toys to make teething a little less painful for him. Here’s a list of the best teething toys for babies.
- Gel Teether: Designed in fun shapes to make it easier for baby to hold on to, these teethers are gel-filled with multiple textures that keep baby’s achy gums soothed. They’re freezer-friendly and even stay cooler for longer (which means more time for chewing!). Some babies aren’t much of a fan of this type of teething, so don’t get discouraged if your child doesn’t take to this one very well. My son never paid much mind to this sort of teething, but had fun throwing it all over the place.
- Bite & Brush: The MAM Bite & Brush soothes baby’s tender gums and as he chews, soft bristles gently clean his first teeth. It’s lightweight and great for travel! Just stow it in your diaper bag for those days when baby’s extra fussy. I personally think this is a little more soothing for a child who is teething. But not every child is the same! My son took to this for maybe, two months, before he started putting two and two together that he was also cleaning his teeth.
- Sophie the Giraffe Teether: I have nothing but good things to say about this teether. Maybe it’s the texture of her “skin,” the squeak she makes when you squeeze her, or the feel of her nubby horns on sore gums. Perhaps she’s extra-alluring because she comes from the French Alps. Whatever the reason, babies love Sophie — and because she’s made of natural rubber, food paint and no toxic gunk whatsoever, I’m pretty much in love too. A friend of mine actually bought this for my son when he was about 5 months old and now that he’s a year old, he still loves Sophie! I’m very grateful that someone created this, because my son is picky when it comes to things he likes. I, without a doubt, recommend this to whomever has a teething child. You really won’t regret it!
- ChewBeads: I love these! This fashionable but functional baby-safe and mom-approved jewelry line was created by a mom who wanted to be sure baby wasn’t taking in harsh chemicals as he teethed. They’re made with 100 percent silicone for added comfort and can be washed in the sink. My son liked these a lot and I never had to worry about him swallowing hard beads he could choke on. And the styles these come in are, actually, really pretty.
- Bright Links: I actually never thought of this much as a teething toy, so to speak, but my son loves to munch on these whenever he gets his hands on them. They come in different colors, non-toxic, and link together so you never lose track of them. They have different textures on them so baby can rub their gums without hurting them and it’s too big to swallow, so that problem is solved. They are also a great way to link other toys together and keep track of them. If you get these, you won’t be sorry.
There are a lot of teething toys out there for babies that are supposed to work. But before buying anything that goes into your child’s mouth, do your research and always read reviews! I saved a lot of time reading reviews on half the stuff I wanted to get my son but didn’t because certain things had terrible reviews. Another thing I did for my son to help with teething was I got a slip on baby toothbrush that slips onto your finger, put a little toothpaste on it for babies, and I rubbed his gums. Putting the toothpaste on it kept him from biting my fingers and causing me pain, and made it a lot easier to not only brush his teeth, but also help a great deal with his teething. Remember that no matter how bad your child is teething, it will pass! Just gotta hang in there and do the best you can. In the meantime, enjoy the fact that your child doesn’t have all of their teeth in just yet. They bite!
- Bright Links: http://www.amazon.com/Bright-Starts-Links–Solid-Colors/dp/B001ABZGU2/ref=sr_1_26?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1403396104&sr=1-26&keywords=best+teething+toys
- Sophie the Giraffe Teether: http://www.amazon.com/Vulli-Sophie-the-Giraffe-Teether/dp/B000IDSLOG/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1403396960&sr=1-1&keywords=sophie+the+giraffe+teether
- Gel Teether: http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Fun-Soothing-Ring-Teether/dp/B00DVPCUXG/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1403396987&sr=1-5&keywords=gel+teether
- ChewBeads: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dbaby-products&field-keywords=chewbeads&sprefix=chewb%2Cbaby-products
- Bite & Brush: http://www.amazon.com/MAM-Bite-Brush-Teether-Months/dp/B00EM5D7UY/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1403397115&sr=1-1&keywords=bite+and+brush