There are many pregnant women out there who just don’t feel beautiful about themselves. At first i literally thought i was the only one. I was a size one for the whole four years of my high school. No matter what I ate or how much I did not exercise I always stayed at a sized one. Then after high school I got pregnant. Next thing you know i was a size three. Pretty soon i jumped all the way in to a size seven by the end of my pregnancy. I was devastated that I was getting “FAT”. Of course the fact that I was going to gain weight because I had a baby growing inside of me did not fully hit me at the moment. I always just felt plain ugly throughout my whole pregnancy. Then baby number two came. I knew I couldn’t go through not feeling beautiful again.
Here are some ways we can feel beautiful and good about ourselves during our pregnancy:
- Wear something nice- wearing your favorite outfit is a great way to get you to feel good. It can be something straight from your closet or maybe even a new outfit.
- Do your makeup- you can even get your makeup done by a friend or a professional. This isn’t always the best solution for everybody but definitely doesn’t hurt to try.
- Get some fresh air- I know what you ladies are thinking. A walk! But that’s not exactly what I mean.Go to the mall, catch a movie, even go out to dinner with that special one or maybe even a close friend.
- Get a workout in- this is wear a walk comes in. Yoga is another great form of exercise for us.
- A day at the spa!- this is an awesome way to get yourself feeling wonderful. Pamper yourself to a special treat.
- Express how you feel- Call a friend or somebody close like a relative and just express any concerns or problems you might have . Its healthy for you to communicate. You won’t feel so down and low of yourself. You will help yourself find confident and loyalty to yourself.
There are so many ways you can help yourself feel better about yourself. We don’t realize it but we are all beautiful. The most beautiful of it all, is we are bringing one of the greatest gifts to this world. Life. We need to take control of our self. We need to know that even though we don’t feel beautiful that there are always ways to remind us that we are.