The time you spend with them is precious and essential in raising, growing up with, and connecting with one another. Playing games builds social and communicative skills. It also can be a way to have fun and be silly.
In no particular order, a list of games played and approved by family and friends:
- Sorry: A classic. Chasing, jumping, strategy, revenge, who could ask for more! Ages 6+. For 2-4 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Attack Uno: An upgrade from the original that will make you hold your breath each time you tap the draw button. Ages 7+. For 2-10 Players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Apples to Apples: A fun way to learn random facts and history, and the meaning of words. (Also in a Jr. Edition for smaller kids) Ages 12+. For 4-10 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- UpWords: A 3-dimensional word game from the makers of Scrabble. Build on top of and expand from existing players words to create your own. Ages 8+. For 2-4 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Settlers of Catan: An epic multi-player board game. Build cities, roads, trade resources, fight off robbers. Ages: 10+. For 3-4 players (more with expatiation set). 60 to 90+ minutes game time.
- Carcassonne: A tile-laying game where you create your own world. Build roads, monasteries, and castles. Be a guard, robber, or farmer. Ages 8+. For 2-5 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Sequence: It’s a board and card game. Draw your cards, place your chips, and try to get five in a row! Ages 7+. For 2-12 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Quiddler: Like Scrabble but with cards, and more intense and progressive as the game goes into each new round. Ages 8+. For 2-8 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Phase 10: A card game that changes and progresses with each round. Try to go out or be left behind! Ages 7+. For 2-6 players. 30+ minutes game time.
- Dominoes: A classic. Multiple types of game play, but Chicken Foot is a favorite around here.
Ages 6+. For 2-6 players. 20+ minutes game time.
Honorable mention games for toddlers:
Sneaky Squirrel, Take The Cake, Diggity Dog.
So go ahead, try some of these, make some memories and enjoy your own Family Fun Night!