Giving Up My DVR Required Some Research
The question, “Why am I giving up my DVR,” requires a deep thought process. This question in other words is deeper then my well out in the back forty. There are so many reasons why I am giving up my DVR and one prime reason. A DVR is a nifty piece of equipment that allows my television programming shows to work around my schedule not theirs or someone else’s. I am no longer at the disposal of scheduled programming.
When watching my DVR or Digital Video Recorder, I can put my selected program on pause to pay attention to other matters such as a snack attack, answer my cell phone, or doorbell. If I left, the program and I missed something I could easily rewind the program and catch what I missed and best of all I could record a program I knew I was going to miss and watch it later.
No One Can Do or Say Anything That Has Not Been Said or Done Before
There is one thing in life and that is no one person can think of anything or do anything and think that they are unique because it is certain that there are hosts of other people who are thinking along the same lines or are doing the same thing. Truth be known I bet there are many other people who have given up their DVRs for some of the reasons I gave up my DVR.
Reasons My Family and I Gave Up the DVR
- · I do not need the convenience that a DVR allows me in my busy life
- · I cry every time I think of the money I wasted over the years on a DVR. I could be very wealthy by now on this fact alone
- · I have so many controllers for my television set that they have their own basket
- · My DVR is causing me a slow brain death
- · I could skip the pesky commercials and speed through them to get back to my show
- · I could re watch an awesome part of the program and show it to friends who missed parts of the show
- · I suddenly realized that my DVR did not fit into the natural flow of life
- · I suddenly realized one day that my DVR was taking over my mind I found that I no longer had to concentrate on what I was watching, all I had to do was press a button and I could view the program or section again
- · I suddenly realized that I was in thought process retraining with my DVR and this became a scary thought to me. I did not have to give any program my full attention after all the manufacturer made this gadget so I could pause, rewind and record any time I did not pay attention, which was quite often
An Alternative Plan to a Different Style of Television Viewing
To make a long story even longer we gave up on our cablevision and landline service, and continued internet service through another company at half the price we were paying. We paid a onetime fee for a device that lets us stream programs we want to watch on television through our internet service.
We now save over $130.00 a month and program our television for what we want to watch and are no longer paying for a host of programs we never watch or do not believe we want coming in our home, especially when the grandchildren visit. We love to save money and I think my brain is beginning to heal. Even though there are people who would not agree with us, we are one family that are glad we gave up the DVR.