The American Academy of Dermatology, www.dermapp.com, has joined with PGS Mobile to develop a user-friendly and free dermatology app.
Trending hair, skin, and nail news can be accessed with Dermatology A-Z. UVA alerts or beauty recalls can be accessed, and you can locate a dermatologist with one swipe of your hand.
The app has screens that you can swipe for easy access
- A”Welcome” screen gives navigation instructions
- Derm A-Z topics concerning skin, hair, and nails are alphabetically listed can be found under the “News” screen
- “Find a dermatologist” screen-there are dermatologists listings and contact information, but no reviews of the dermatologists
- “Skin eNews” screen -links to trending development articles concerning skin, hair, and nails
- “UVA Index”-you can look up the UVA index in your location by simply entering your zip code (after I looked up my location, I was then given a reminder of what to do to protect my skin for the day as my UVA was high (9)
- Updated 2013
- Size 2.3 MB
- Requires IOS 5.1 or later
- Language used is English
With the Dermatology A-Z app by the American Academy of Dermatology, www.dermapp.com, finding the tools to use to take care of your skin, hair, and nails has never been easier or more affordable.