With an abundance of vitamin C and manganese, pineapples are a nutritious and extremely delicious fruit. Whether you buy your pineapples frozen, fresh or canned, there are a plethora of different ways that you can eat this scrumptious tropical food. They are safe to enjoy on a regular basis and offer various health benefits. While consuming plain pineapple is always a nice treat, read on to discover new and delicious ways that you can enjoy pineapples!
1. Pineapple Popsicle: A great choice for summer and a kid-friendly snack, pineapple popsicles are super easy to make. All that you need to do is simply stack chunks of pineapple onto a skewer and freeze them for a couple of hours. Another option would be to toss some into a cup with pineapple juice and place a popsiscle stick in the center. Allow them to freeze overnight for a healthy snack that the entire family will be able to enjoy the next day.
2. Pineapple Salsa: Many people think that pineapple is a rather odd ingredient for salsa but it actually makes a wonderful addition. Begin by chopping up bell peppers, onion, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and of course, pineapple. Mix all of the ingredients together and add in some lemon juice for an extra pop of flavor. Serve this delicious pineapple salsa along some with some grilled chicken, seafood or with a side of tortilla chips for an easy and low-budget meal.
3. Pineapple Pizza: When combined with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, the taste of pineapple is instantly enhanced and will supply your taste buds with a delicious infusion of flavors. Just bake up your pizza as usual and top with pineapple chunks. If desired you can even incorporate some low-fat ham to create a classic Hawaiian pizza.
4. Pineapple Salad: Want to indulge in a salad but aren’t in the mood for leafy greens? Try a pineapple salad! This dish is extremely easy to make and is a great option for brunches and other gatherings. The best pineapple salad contains mandarin oranges, bananas, grapes and kiwi. Keep in mind, the more chunks of pineapple, the better! Pineapple salad will compliment a variety of different meals and also works as a dessert as well.
5. Pineapple Smoothies: Smoothies that contain pineapple as their primary ingredient contain tons of essential vitamins and nutrients that will rev up your immune system and kick start your morning. Create a pineapple smoothie by adding chunks of pineapples, oranges, bananas and other yellow fruits into your blender. You will also want to add ice, low-fat yogurt and a touch of milk. Blend until it has a thick consistency and enjoy!
All of these pineapple recipes have a little something different to offer and are sure to appease your craving for this tropical delicacy. How do you like to enjoy pineapple?