Mother’s Day is a day filled with love, joy, and appreciation for the wonderful ladies that brought us into this world. Nothing beats spending time with family, but a few delectable dishes to go along with that quality time wouldn’t hurt! So surprise mom with a delicious brunch this year; I know she’ll love it!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 Cups Flour (White or Wheat)
1 ½ Cup Mashed Banana (Browned)
½ Cup Applesauce
¾ Brown Sugar
¼ White Sugar
½ C Butter
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup + ¼ cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 2. Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Then add eggs, and whisk until mixed.
4. Add bananas and applesauce to egg mixture and mix thoroughly. 5. Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, making sure not to over-mix as this can make the bread dry. Then add the ½ cup of chocolate chips.
6. Pour into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the ¼ cup chocolate chips over the mix. Bake for 20-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
7. Removed from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Serve warm or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Banana Foster French Toast
2 Tablespoons Milk
½ tsp Vanilla
¼ tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Pinch of nutmeg
2-4 slices of sourdough, brioche, or other bread
2-4 tbs Butter
1 Banana (sliced)
2 Tbs Butter
1. Melt 1 tbs butter for each piece of toast in a skillet set on medium (i.e. 1 tbs butter for 1 slice of toast) 2. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and spices together until mixed. 3. Dip a piece of toast in the egg mixture, covering both sides. Then throw on the skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. 4. Place on dish and put butter on top immediately. Top with sliced bananas and maple syrup, then sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and enjoy!
Zingy Pepper Hash
2 Large Banana Peppers or Other Pepper (Diced)**
1 Small Potato or Rutabaga (for low carb diets), Diced
¼ Medium/Large Onion (Diced)
2 tsp Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Garlic Clove (Minced)
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1 Tbsp Lard or Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee (Optional)
2 Tbsp Sour Cream
1 Tbsp Ketchup
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Cayenne, for a kick (optional)
** You can also add jalapenos for a spicier hash!
1. Put skillet on med to med low and add lard/oil
2. Add potatoes or rutabaga to skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Next add the onions and peppers and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until everything is tender.
5. Add butter/ghee, pepper, and salt. garlic and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
6. Add vinegar and stir, then let sit for 2 minutes. minutes.
7. Now add the egg and stir occasionally, remove from heat when cooked.
8. Mix together sauce ingredients and top on the hash or put on the side. Enjoy!