1: communication plays a major role in a relationship. i watched one of my friends get mad at her boyfriend and he had no idea what was wrong so i asked her what did he do to you? her reply to me was he should know. in order to resolve things you need to talk things through otherwise things will never get better.
2: don’t try to be someone else. be who you are and be comfortable in your own skin.
3: don’t stay with someone because leaving them would be to upsetting. i once made the mistake of sticking it out when towards the end the relationship was going nowhere. and by that i mean i once saw a happy couple at the mall and almost broke down crying because i wanted that so much but didn’t feel like that anymore. sometimes breaking up can be really hard but staying with someone who continues to drag you down will only make you both miserable down the road.
4: nobody should be pressured to do something their not ready for. i once had a guy talk non-stop about marriage the first week we dated and by the third week is when i ended it.
5: ask yourself this is he a good example around kids? if he treats you like crap everyday or calls you names just think if you ever have a accident with him this is how he will treat your future son or daughter. if your crying more when your with him then being happy then there is no point staying with him.
6. can’t get over the petty stuff. i saw a guy getting screamed at in a store by his girlfriend and felt so bad for him because he was just trying on clothing and his girlfriend yelled at him to hurry or she was going to crack his butt. i know every now and then your partner will annoy you it happens. just remember don’t treat others if you don’t want to be treated like that meaning there is no reason to scream at him in public because he can’t try on clothes fast enough.
7. love should be a serious thing. when i was in high school i watched girls start dating a different guy every 2 weeks and saying how much she loved him. i never understood that because it took me months to tell a guy i loved him.
8. learn to be independent before getting into a relationship. this simply means your world should not revolve around him. i can’t tell you how many times a friend cancelled plans with me because her boyfriend wanted to do something that day so that was all that mattered in their life.
9. i have heard stories where women think the guy should always pay on first dates but this is just a myth. there is nothing wrong with paying for your own stuff that way he can’t demand anything from you at the end of the date.
10. valentines day is such a overplayed holiday. for some reason people think a guy needs to go over the moon to do stuff and buy you things to prove how much he loves you because it’s such a special day. you could always do something together like donating your time and helping the homeless. it’s the little stuff that counts not how much he spent on you.
11. spice it up in the bedroom. your life together should never become a routine or your to tired. there’s a lot of toys you can try out to make it different each time and experience something new.
12. be adventurous. it’s hard to want to date someone that would rather stay home and play video games all day. there’s nothing wrong with playing every now and then but he was addicted to the point that was the only thing he wanted to do and going out wasn’t an option. the one day i was waiting forever just to go to the mall because he needed to win this one level. i pulled the plug and said there your dead now. he cursed me out but i got to go shopping finally.
13. having a baby with him won’t solve your problems or make him love you in a new light. when i was younger i dated a guy who showed me a letter from his ex-girlfriend. he got the letter from the girls friend because she was concerned with what the girl wrote. she was planning on having a baby with the guy i was with when they were dating at the time because she was having fights with her parents and i guess having a baby was to make things better. i was in shock that anyone would think like that.
14. trust plays a major key and i don’t know how you can date without it. you can’t get mad if he talks to another girl or he is still friends with his ex. you can trust a guy but women have a sense to the signs of him cheating. however if you don’t see the signs then there is no reason to be be mad at him.
15. learn to support each other. there are times when you will go through the best of times and the worst of times. life can’t always be perfect.
16. get off the internet. put the phones away, get off facebook and just have some alone time with a movie every now and then and relax. most couples i see nowadays spend more time talking to their cell phone then each other and that’s sad.
17. don’t flirt with another guy to make him jealous because he did something to make you mad. games don’t always work and sometimes it gets to be really hurtful.
18. don’t bash him on the internet in front of the world to see. let’s face it people have flaws and sometimes relationships come to a end but that’s where you need to punch a punching bag instead of saying mean things to each other.
19. never become one of those bridezillas on tv. a wedding is about two people creating a life together so you should both be on the same page when planning a wedding. many women sometimes get out of control calling the shots because it’s your special day and you should go all out dipping into your savings. just know there is nothing wrong with a small wedding and nobody will judge you for it. your wedding should be about celebrating your love. you will have your whole life ahead of you where everyday you wake up will be special. you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to make that happen.