My sister in was having problems getting her kids to eat their vegetables so I came up with a recipe to help her out. I came up with a creamy ranch dipping sauce that they really enjoy. She tried buying regular salad dressing from the store and they still wouldn’t eat their vegetables. I explained to her that making it with fresh ingredients make all the difference in the world with taste. Plus it’s healthier for them too. It’s also a kid friendly recipe that they now enjoy making together as a family. It’s probably the fastest recipe I know how to make. It will take you a total time of 15 minutes to make. I hope you can enjoy making this recipe with your family. Happy eating!
- 5 ounces of cream cheese
- 3 1/2 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon of minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and buttermilk in a bowl.
- Mix until it is well blended.
- Add in fresh dill, fresh garlic, salt, onion powder and black pepper. (You can use an electric mixer or mix by hand.)
- Make sure you mix all the spices into the cream cheese mixture so it is blended evenly.
- Refrigerate until chilled. (This step is optional, I prefer it chilled but you do not have to do this step if you wish not too.)
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and enjoy. (I like to serve this with carrot stick, celery or even broccoli, but this recipe will work with any vegetable you like.)