This chocolate chip ice cream pie recipe is my absolute favorite recipe. It has a chocolate chip cookie crust filled with ice cream and chocolate. Of course, you can always change up the recipe and experiment with different flavors of ice cream. It has only four ingredients and its really easy to make. This recipes takes about 10 minutes to prepare, 15 to bake plus your freezing time. It’s perfect for anyone that has a sweet tooth.
- 1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (16 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup
- 1 quart of chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- Cut cookie dough in half, width-wise.
- Let one half of the cookie dough stand at room temperature until soft, about 5 minutes. Save the other half for another time.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom and sides of an ungreased pie pan to form the crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and chocolate syrup.
- Spoon half of the chocolate chip ice cream onto the baked cookie crust.
- Cover and freeze for one hour.
- Remove from freeze and drizzle 1/4 of the chocolate syrup mixture on top of the ice cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.