You have to try this recipe if you are a huge chocolate chip fan like me! It has chocolate chips in the cupcake and also in the frosting. Its easy to make and looks adorable once you are completed. This recipe will make about 30 cupcakes and takes about 30 – 40 minutes to complete.
- 3 1/4 cups of sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 7 ounces of unsalted butter , softened
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 1 cup & 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- 5 large egg whites , room temperature
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate chip frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside. (cake flour, baking powder, salt)
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, combine butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Switch to low speed and add milk and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Mix egg whites and fold into the batter.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake pan about 2/3 full.
- Bake cupcake for about 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool then frost with the chocolate chip frosting and enjoy.