Unplug the technology and go camping for an outdoor family adventure. Fresh air, exercise, sitting around a campfire, swimming, hiking, biking are all outdoor activities that connects us to nature. Camping combines all these outdoor activities and more.
- Tent or camper, can be bought, borrowed or rented inexpensively.
- Sleeping bag, pillow and blankets
- Campers need one or more coolers and ice to keep beverages and perishable food fresh.
- Make a list of daily meals so you can have a shopping list.
- Games, bikes, glow sticks, softball and bats or basketball.
- Firewood and cooking tools are the basis of the camping experience.
- State and National Parks are some of the least expensive places to camp.
- Ask around or do an online search for campgrounds in a location you choose.
- Does the campground have rental equipment and activities?
- Are there fun things to do nearby?
- Lakes, rivers, hiking and biking trails are always things to consider.
- Board games, cards, charades and glow stick tag are always fun while camping.
- A few nature crafts thought out ahead of time can make bonding fun.
- Cooking over a campfire is always a fun activity and gets everyone involved.
- Story time, singing and playing musical instruments are always more fun around a fire.
- Many campgrounds will have planned activities to join in on as well.
- Fishing, swimming, hiking, biking, boating and many more sports that are physical should be part of the camping trip.
Rules for the camping trip
- A no technology weekend may make it easier to get up close to the ones around you.
- The Buddy system is a great way to keep everyone safe in an unfamiliar area in case of an accident or some other emergency.
- Everyone has a chore to help in the camping experience.
- Number one rule should be to have fun while camping.
Whether you are camping for a night, weekend or longer it will certainly heighten your respect for nature. Camping creates memories and respect for one another. Break the technology cord and strengthen the family and friend bond by doing outdoor and fun activities together. Some of your fondest experiences are waiting for you to go out and create. Go Camping!