It would seem many trends are carrying forth from spring, straight into summer this year. If fashion is your passion, you will want to get it right for the season. Here are what appear to be the top summer trends for both men and women:
For the ladies:
1. Bohemian is always an excellent choice for summer, with its light, airy approach to style and fashion. The spring trend toward fringe is carrying on through summer. Fringed purses, bags, vests, coats, ankle boots, sandals, moccasins, and even fringed jewelry, all go great with those breezy, gauze, linen, or cotton bohemian skirts and shirts. They can also add a bohemian touch to your usual shorts and tank tops, or jeans and tee shirts.
2. Over-sized totes, sandals, and floppy hats, along with those to die for shades are what’s happening at the beach. All of these are timeless beachcomber fashion, and a must for many summer outings. These trends will probably never go away, and we shouldn’t want them to.
3. Wear those trendy colorful heels, but have your equally bright ballet slippers stashed in your bag for dancing the night away on a great girls night out this summer. This is also a great idea for graduation parties, outdoor concerts, and any other social function you might be attending. Yes, bright colors always fit right in in summer, and can be added with just an accessory or two.
For the gentlemen:
1. Bandannas are always a handy summer accessory, and seem to be making a fashion comeback, as well. They can be worn around the head, neck, leg, or even danged from your back pocket in bright summer colors.
2. Since blues seem to be the summer trend for casual dress, and black and white for the office, or parties, why not carry that over to your accessories, even when not in those colors, guys? Belts, shoes, hats, ties, and even those bandannas in these colors are an excellent choice.
3. Ball caps are always a fashion fave with most men, but be sure to let your head breath. You don’t want to be balding by winter, now do you? The cap colors? Why, blue, black, and white, of course.
These are just a few of the trends, for both guys and gals, that seem to be carrying us out of spring, and beckoning us on towards summer.