If you are looking to gain weight, especially for muscular development, here are a few of the best foods you can eat. Most of them can be replaced fairly easily in a regular diet.
1. Meats- Any kinds of meats, especially turkey breast or fish is a great, healthy source of protein and fish has omega 3 fatty acids as well.
2. Peanut butter- Packed with protein, peanut butter is a great way of adding on some potential muscle weight. It’s good for colon health as well. I like to eat apples with peanut butter and honey for a nutritious snack.
3. Potatoes- These are high in carbohydrates, yet they are very healthy for you, as they contain some vitamin Bs as well as some protein.
4. Beans- These, too, are packed with protein and come in all sorts of foods, such as chip dips and chili. A hot bowl of chili with some hamburger meat is excellent for protein.
5. Eggs- They have long been used by body builders for a reason. They are packed with protein! Make them with omelets throughout the day or some even add them to milkshakes.
6. Cheese- Some people may not realize it, but eating a fair amount of cheese is a good way to gain some protein weight, just don’t eat too much and get constipated!
Other articles from the writer:
Three Best Exercises for Toning Your Stomach
Ten Fiber Filled Foods for Digestive Health