Flawless makeup starts with the right tools and with the overwhelming choices present in today’s market, it is difficult to make that informed decision to get the right tools. Here are some of the top makeup brushes available in the market that you can browse and get the right fit for you.
1. Elf brush – If you want beauty on budget, try Elf brush. I own a foundation brush and eye shadow brush and I find them cheap and practical. The studio line brushes are of higher quality and more durable. The bristles are softer and handles are sleeker.
2. Foundation Brush – Shiseido Makeup Perfect Foundation Brush gives an airbrush quality or finish to any kind of foundation be it liquid, cream or powder
3. The Eye Shadow Brush -M.A.C’s famous 239 eye shadow brush has a unique flat shape and densely packed fibers which help to pack on shadow and build up intense color on the eye lids. You can also use the tip of the brush to draw on a line of highlighter along the brow bones. The brush can be used on both powder and cream shadows thus giving it added versatility. The brush costs $25 but is worth it.
4. Foundation Brush – The foundation brush from Giorgio Armani is so useful as it doesn’t streak when I buff the foundation into my skin. The flat shape and rounded edges reaches all places on my face and flawlessly blends the makeup into my complexion giving it a perfect airbrushed finish. Only drawback is this brush is expensive at $49 but it is worth it. You can find it here.
5. Concealer Brush – Unless you are expert in blending the concealer into your skin using your fingers, this concealer brush from Ulta can help you flawlessly blend the concealer. The flat and stiff bristles don’t get clogged up and its tapered end is perfect for applying concealer effortlessly. Check out the brush here. It is priced at $20.
6. Pencil Brush – M.A.C’s 219 Pencil Brush is perfect for applying and blending out eyeliners. I love applying liquid eyeliners and find it much easier than other kind of eyeliners. So I always reach out for this brush to smudge the eyeliner and blending it with my eye shadow as well as use it create a well-defined edge for my eye shadow. Its stiff fibers are perfect for detailed work. It is not expensive and priced at $24.50
7. Highlighter Brush – Makeup Geek Cheek’s highlighter brush has soft fibers and its small head is perfect for picking up and applying the right amount of highlighting powder or liquid. The small head prevents from applying large amounts and the soft bristles give that airbrushed look. It is priced at around $9 and is worth the price.
8. Contouring Brush – I love contouring brush and Sonia Kashuk Medium Angled Multipurpose Powder Brush is perfect for that. The natural angled brush can effortlessly apply your bronzer on your cheekbones giving it more structure. The structure of the brush gives you more control and stability while applying. The brush is unbelievably soft though little expensive.
9. Lip Brush – You need a lip brush for getting that perfect lips and Laura Mercier Pull-Apart Lip Color Brush does that for you. The sharp point helps me blend the lip liner with the lipstick, in fact some days I do not need lip liners either. I find it helps me to apply lipstick easily and is easy to use with the long handle.
10. Concealer Brush – Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage Brush is perfect as concealer brush for those tiny dark spots. The fibers are closely packed to form a sharp point and are useful in applying concealer under the eyes and around the corners of the mouth. It was awarded Best of Beauty 2013.