My wife quit her job as a nurse in May 2013 to be a full-time mother to our two daughters, aged 4 and 2 years old. This decision required an adjustment in our lifestyle, especially our finances. With the reduction in our income, we had to regularly check our budget and plan our expenses carefully.
We encountered enough difficulties during the succeeding months that we began to ponder if we really made the right decision. In March this year, exactly 10 months after my wife became a full-time mother, we received an affirmation. Our elder daughter made it to the top of her nursery class and was given an award for academic excellence.
Based on this experience, I have listed the benefits that can be achieved with a full-time mother at home.
- Attention. Mommy is always around to attend to the needs of the kids and provide undivided attention to them.
- Education. Mommy is always ready to assume the role of a teacher for home works, projects, and reviews for exams.
- Sanitation. Mommy is always thorough when it comes to cleanliness and orderliness of the house and environment.
- Provision. Mommy is always mindful of the availability of food supplies and groceries.
- Allocation. Mommy is always on top of things in managing financial resources.
- Collection. Mommy is always on schedule when paying bills and expenses.
- Affection. Mommy is doing everything out of love.