In Ayurveda, the body of an overweight woman is often described as prone to disease, and of the eight body types, her’s has the greatest potential to fall into the bed of affliction, inviting disease. Obesity occurs in women when excessive fat is deposited within the adipose tissue.
Obesity in women is known to strain the heart, kidneys, liver and severely affects the joints, making women many times more susceptible to diseases like high blood pressure, diabetes, arthritis, liver and bladder disorders, etc.
Obesity in women is overwhelmingly caused by overeating, failing to practice regular eating habits, and by mixing non-compatible foods together.
In order to lose weight and keep it off by eating foods prescribed by Ayurvedic therapy, the Law of Three must be observed: Control of eating habits. Exercising regularly. Getting to the root, and avoiding the causes of weight gain.
The following is a list of 10 useful tips and fat-burning foods, approved and regularly used by practicing Ayurveda therapists recommend as a natural and effective diet for women.
1. Any sweetened beverages, carbohydrates or essential oil rich foods should be strictly avoided.
2. Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.
3. Many Ayurvedic practitioners have often made the claim that one must consume fruits in the morning and evening to reduce belly fat.
4. Use larger amounts of cinnamon, ginger and pepper in your cooking to burn more calories.
Increase your intake of fruits and vegetables and any other natural low calorie foods.
5. Avoid too much salt as it’s use may result in weight gain.
6. Potentially rich in fat milk products like cheese, butter etc. and non-vegetarian foods are best left out of a woman’s diet.
7. Regular intake of orange, pineapple, or carrot juice.
8. Avoid rice and potato, which contain a lot of carbohydrates in the form of starches. Smaller quanities of wheat can be benefitial in aiding women’s weight loss.
9. Vegetables like bitter gourd, can useful in loosing weight and well as possessing other healthy benefits.
10. As with any Ayurveda treatment, the secrect of it’s success is in continued application and must be the most important part of any weight reduction plan.