What is MySQL and why use it?
MySQL is the most popular Open Source SQL Database management system, and it is developed, distributed, and supported by Oracle. Now that you have a few ideas on what it is here are a few reasons that you should use it:
- It is open source, meaning anyone and everyone can use it for free, and anyone can modify it however they please.
- MySQL is Database Server is very fast reliable, scalable and very easy to use.
- MySQL Server will work on client/server or most embedded systems.
- There is a big amount of MySQL Software (Mysql)
- Ideal for small and large projects
- Runs on most platforms
- Free and easy to use
- Use the database to have tables on employees, products, customers or orders. (W3schools)
Guide to Using MySQL:
Since you know that MySQL is a database then you should know what you are getting into trying to set one up for yourself. First if you are going to use MySQL you have to download and install it onto your server. Here is a quick guide on how you would get information on your database from a table. You would use queries, which access information from the tables; you choose which columns to to pull the information from. But before you can do any of that you need to connect to the MySQL server. Doing this will require you to know some PHP to connect to MySQL. Now you have some basics in MySQL I hope that you seek further into learning to use it and actually using it.
“User Comments.” MySQL. Mysql, n.d. Web. 13 Dec. 2013. .
” PHP MySQL Introduction.” PHP MySQL Introduction. W3schools, n.d. Web. 13 Dec. 2013. .