Australians are serious about keeping their rugs and carpets clean. A muddy-footed kangaroo let loose in the dining room can wreck havoc! Hence the need for the National Upholstery, Carpet Cleaners & Restorers Association (NUCCRA). These folks are an independent, non-profit association that represents the interests of all members of the carpet and upholstery cleaning industry, including fire and water damage restorers.
NUCCRA understands that cleaning and restoring after fire, smoke or flood is a job for skilled professionals, not untrained operators. Therefore, only high-quality professionals are represented by NUCCRA. The organization is known around the world for its high standards. The manager of a top tier American rug cleaning establishment commented: “Yes, NUCCRA is every bit as professional as America’s own Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification.”
Membership Has Its Privileges
What prompts an Aussie consumer to seek out a NUCCRA member? The main reason is to professionally clean and protect carpets, rugs and upholstery. Of course, a NUCCRA member is a safe bet when you have suffered fire or water damage. But the distinguishing characteristic of NUCCRA members is their adherence to its Code of Ethics, which guarantees high quality workmanship at reasonable prices.
NUCCRA members come from all parts of Australia and all share an interest in promoting quality workmanship. Each member has received certification from formal training programs. NUCCRA encourages the continual improvement of professionalism, education, training and ongoing technical development.
Good For Consumers
The benefits to an Aussie consumer are clear:
- Your property will be properly cleaned, restored and maintained to highest standard, following a stringent Code of Practice.
- You can rest assured that the company you are hiring uses employees that have undergone specialized industry training
- NUCCRA member companies always carry adequate public liability insurance protection in case something goes awry.
- You have procedures for pursuing issues and complaints should this unlikely event occur.
But what’s in it for the country’s carpet cleaning and related industries?
- A network of similar-minded businesses ready to lend a helping hand to fellow members.
- A way to influence the shape of the industry and guide it into the future
- Staying aware of the state-of-the-art techniques that can keep you a step ahead of non-NUCCRA competition.
- Access to official documents from Occupational Health & Safety Australia.
Full Members have achieved at least second-level certification or equivalent in their field of expertise, hold proper insurance including liability and workers compensation, and have a Certificate of Registration of Business Name.
There are countries in this world where it is hard to find a top professional to clean your rugs, carpet and/or upholstery, but Australia isn’t one of them.