Go beyond the typical tie, watch, wallet and Dad chocolate when it comes to making your Dad see just how important he has been to you. Try out these unique hobby related ideas to see if one fits the man in your life.
Is your Dad a Golfer– Tired of giving the humorous golf toy, bank etc? Take a peek at these personal gifts:
- Annual Membership to his Favorite Course– You can stop in the office or looking them up on the internet. If the price is too high for you, consider splitting the gifts among siblings. If there are no siblings, you can still contribute to it by offering a gift certificate to the on course golf shop.
- Personalized Accessories – such as golf towels, balls, hats and shirts. This is especially a great idea if he golf with a regular set of friends. Get in touch with the children of the other golfers and you can all present dad with same gift this year. There are a variety of items available to fit most budgets. Some fan favorites are Callaway or Pinnacle.
Is Dad A Fisher?- Chances are he has all the fishing poles, tackle and lures than he will ever use. However, How about a Fishing Trip?
- Fishing Trip– There are many places especially more so if you live near a marina, that offer the renting of fishing boats or chartered trips. They generally are not too expensive. A chartered fishing trip offers the perks of having someone do most of the work while he enjoys casting his line. If the whole family likes fishing, pool it together with the others to take the whole family.
- Boat– Does dad own a boat?- Give him the gift of a professional wash and wax. Leave his boat gleaming for his next trip in the bay.
Is Dad a Hunter? Early Out, Biggest prize? Hunters rise and leave in the wee hours of the morning.
- Arrows– An Archery Hunter always enjoys the feel and spin of a quality arrow. Check out his supply or ask a representative what the hot new and improved items are, they will be sure to direct you to the top shelf arrows to steal his heart.
- Service– Stop in at your local outdoor shop and find out where he can get his equipment serviced, It may need a bit of adjusting or cleaning before the next season comes upon him. They can tell you how much it would cost and you could present him with a specialized gift card.
There is always something that every Dad can appreciate and enjoy. Don’t settle for the cookie cutter gifts that show little creativity.