If you like Mexican food, and you like to splurge and dine out every now and then, El Toro’s is definitely worth a visit if you haven’t already. I had never actually heard of them until one was built here in Ohio just across from the local shopping mall where it’s usually packed. One interesting fact about their food that I didn’t know until just recently was that they use salt water from the sea to cook their food in, so if you like a little salt in your food, you’ll definitely get a subtle taste of it in whatever you order. If you’re not one that likes salt or maybe you’re on a diet or medical treatment that requires avoiding salt intake, this may not be for you. My husband and I visit here about once a week for lunch while the kids are in school and have actually come to ordering our “regular” meal and have even come to know a couple of the waiters. The building has two floors with a small bar seating area by the kitchen, and always feels welcoming. Here are just a few positive pointers about the overall quality of El Toro’s, at least in this area.
1. Service – The service of the waiters and the chef(s) are great. They are very polite, courteous, and always come to check on you for refills or other requests at a decent pace… not every two minutes, but not thirty minutes later either.
2. Pricing – The pricing is fairly decent compared to some steak houses that can get quite pricy. Whether you order an appetite, a la carte, lunch, or dinner, the prices range anywhere from $3.50 to $12.00, unless you order seafood. Then it can add up quickly. Drinks are only $1.50 with free refills, where as some places can charge two dollars plus just for a Coke or Pepsi. The chips and salsa are free and come before the meal. Two people can eat here for under thirty dollars, including tip, whether it’s lunch or dinner.
3. Food Quality – The food is great. It’s never over or under cooked, or even burnt. There’s never been a wrong order placed, plus it has the added taste of salt water. Whatever you order from the menu is sure to taste just right.
4. Cleanliness – Even when they’ve been busy, I’ve never seen dirty floors or tables left without cleaning immediately after the customers are finished. Restrooms are always cleaned and kept filled with the necessary towels and toiletry. Even the waiters/waitresses are clean and professional, with a personal touch to all their tables.
5. Overall Rating – Overall, I would have to give El Toro’s a four point five star rating. We’ve never had a bad experience and feel it’s worth the time and “splurge” money put into it. The only reason I would not give a five star rating is simply because with any business establishment, there’s always room for improvement. So far though, the only thing El Toro’s might need to add is more happy customers.