Spinach and salmon is a great healthy recipe to keep off the pounds, however sometimes it needs a little extra kick to spice things up. Adding a healthy carrot dressing is just the thing to do it! Here is a recipe to make you feel full without packing on the pounds with this great take on a classic dish!
Required ingredients to serve 4 people:
– 4 pieces of salmon about 6 ounces.
– 1 tsp. kosher salt
– 2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/2 cup carrots
– 1/4 cup roasted almonds
– 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
– 1 tsp. orange zest
-nonstick cooking spray
– 2 cups cooked fresh spinach (steamed)
In a bowl mix carrots, almonds, olive oil, vinegar, orange zest together and set to side. Next take a large nonstick pan and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place two pieces of salmon in pan. Season with dashes of pepper and salt and fully cook. Be generous with pepper over the salt. In another small pan cook carrot mixture on medium heat until sauce reduces slightly. Repeat with final pieces of salmon and carrot mixture. Place cooked spinach on individual plates and place salmon and carrot mixture on top to serve.
1. When cooking salmon be sure to use a low fat or nonfat cooking spray to lower calories.
2. If desired adding more than the recommended carrots is always a good idea to fill up on. Just be sure to add the same parts of white wine vinegar and olive oil.
3. If you cannot find fresh spinach, frozen organic spinach is an option. Just remember to get as much water as possible out of spinach.