It is true that being a cat lady doesn’t seem all that glamorous by the way the media portrays us. Of course, not all of us have more cats than we do fingers. Having been a dog person my whole life, I was disappointed to learn that I could only have felines at my new apartment, so I adopted a very beautiful calico baby girl. I decided that this was a perfect experience for taking care of something other than myself in case I ever decided to have children. A cat was definitely the right choice! Though small and adorable, these little pets can sometimes be a handful.
How exactly are cats like toddlers? Let’s take a look!
- You still have to deal with their poop.
- They get into any and everything.
- Cuddling is on their time, not yours.
- Their sleeping schedule is probably the opposite of yours.
- You won’t be able to escape them on your bathroom breaks.
- The toys you bought them are somehow less interesting than random objects around the house.
- You can forget trying to give them a bath easily. They can and will give you the hardest time.
- They will walk in between your legs and almost trip you. Hope you aren’t carrying anything heavy!
- Your voice instantly changes when you talk to them.
So if you aren’t yet ready for a baby or don’t know how to handle one, get a cat! I promise you, just like toddlers, they will give you the time of your life!