Most people have a desire to improve the look of their skin for a more youthful and radiant appearance. There are plenty of over-the-counter cosmetic products and expensive procedures, but the best way to look your best is by enhancing your skin’s natural tone. Bringing out the natural tone of your skin is pretty simple which means you can look great and feel more confident without much effort. The following methods are sure to enhance your skin’s natural tone.
1. Drink lots of water. When you’re dehydrated, your skin tends to lose a lot of its natural color. Therefore, drinking at least eight cups of water a day promotes a healthy complexion. This isn’t a magical cure for uneven skin tones but it will definitely make a difference.
2. Stop stressing. Stress causes your hormones levels to skyrocket which then causes your face to breakout with pimples and blackheads. Do your best to keep your stress at bay and you will see a noticeable difference in your skin tone.
3. Use subtle makeup. Obsessively using unnecessary amounts of bronzer and blush is obviously going to make your skin appear unnatural. Instead, use a subtle foundation that matches your skin’s tone to leave your looking refreshed and wonderful.
4. Mud masks. Some mud masks may be expensive but there are plenty of cost-friendly options that you can find at your local drugstore. These masks supply your skin with the the nutrients and minerals that it needs to highlight your natural complexion.
5. Limit sun exposure. The sun’s damaging rays interfere with the natural color of your skin by causing age spots and sunburns. If you can not avoid the sun, be sure to use a sunscreen to preserve and enhance your lovely skin tone.
6. Exfoliate. Regular exfoliation eliminates the dead skin cells on your face. This allows beautiful new ones to come shining through for a much brighter completion.
7. Be gentle. Rigorous towel drying and harsh products can cause skin irritation that dulls your natural tone. Pat your skin dry and use products that are free from damaging chemicals to prevent post-inflammatory pigmentation and possible scarring.
8. Love lemons. Lemons are an acidic fruit that do wonders for your complexion. Applying a fresh lemon to your face helps to maintain healthy pH levels, which evens out your skin tone. Mix lemon juice with baking soda for a skin brightening facial!
Enhancing your natural skin tone is all about reducing free radical damage and treating your skin with the care that it deserves. How do you enhance your skin color?