So I took the age old advice and drank 8 glasses of water every day for a week. What did I find out? Coincidentally I found out 8 things.
1. I have to pee a lot. This may seem obvious, but you never realize how much you might have to pee until you’re been drinking a lot of water. More than once I’ve pushed my boyfriend off the bed screaming “I have to pee!” in the middle of the night (before I learned to get more water out of the way earlier in the day). And it wasn’t just I kinda have to pee in the middle of the night pee. It was urgent! I spent more time peeing this past week than I previously thought was necessary. But, the benefits outweighed the annoyance of having to constantly pee. For one thing:
2. My skin looks great. Seriously. My skin looks amazing. Normally I have a lot more breakouts and my skin looks a lot more dry. But even after one week of forcing myself to drink eight glasses of water every day, I am getting compliments on my skin. I look so much more healthy and I’m loving it!
3. I feel great. I have more energy, and maybe it’s just the confidence of finally having clear skin, but I feel really good.
4. I’m more in-tuned with when I need water. This may sound strange. I mean, when you’re thirty, you’re thirsty. But when I started to drink more water I started to realize the difference between when I was dehydrated and when I was satiated. I feel like I can finally tell when I have a headache because I’m dehydrated and when I have a headache because of sinuses or something.
5. I’m more regular. I know this is gross, but apparently chugging water does help you be more regular. I have really noticed a difference. When I chug water in the morning, I have, with more regularity, been able to go to the bathroom. It’s worth a try for those of us that eat a lot of fiber but still haven’t found as much regularity.
6. My hair looks great. Maybe it’s the extra moisture, but my hair is super shiny this week. I mean really, it’s obvious to everyone who knows me. I’ve gotten tons of compliments on my hair as well as my skin.
7. I eat less. I’ve noticed a real difference in the amount I’ve eaten this week. Drinking a glass of water before and after I eat helps me feel full. Even if this doesn’t work for you, drinking water is so good for you, it can’t hurt to try!
8. It’s easy! If you’ve read about my to-do list obsession then you know that I like to put easy things on my to do list that are good for my long term health. Drinking water is an easy addition to a to do list that, when you get to it, can be something you can do quickly rather than the thing you’re putting off. Would you rather chug a glass of water or organize your closet? That’s what I thought!