The skin is the largest organ on the body and one that is highly visible to ourselves and others. That is why it is so important to keep our skin looking and feeling healthy. There are many easy ways to improve the quality of your skin that will allow you to improve skin elasticity, obtain a clearer complexion, and have better skin all the way around.
1) Hydration- Drinking lots of water is important for many reasons, but particularly important for the health of your skin. Ample hydration can help to improve skin elasticity, softness, and lead to a clearer complexion.
2) Nutrition- Proper nutrition is key to obtaining healthier and more youthful looking skin. Vitamin deficiencies take a toll on our bodies, inside and out. By obtaining adequate nutrition, you can achieve better skin, and a healthier mind and body as well. Vitamins A, C and E are known to improve skin elasticity, by protecting your skin cells from the damage caused by free radicals in the body.
3) Diet- A healthy diet is a key element in obtaining better skin. Avoiding processed foods, chemical-laden foods, and foods high in fat and sugar, can greatly improve the quality and appearance of your skin.
4) Jojoba oil- Jojoba oil is a light, highly absorbable oil that can be used as a makeup remover and moisturizer. Don’t worry about breakouts! Jojoba oil has actually been shown to reduce acne and blackheads, leading to a clearer complexion and more even skin tone.
5) Cool showers- Washing your face and body with hot water will dry out the skin considerably, leading to irritation and breakouts. Consider using cool water to wash your body instead.
6) Gentle soap- Harsh soaps dry out and irritate the skin, making you more prone to breakouts. Choose a gentle soap, free of chemicals, dyes, and fragrances.
7) Reduce sun exposure- The direct UV rays from the sun can be very damaging to the skin, particularly for fair skinned people. Always be sure to wear a sun lotion when you are outside, to protect your skin from sunburn. Excess sun exposure can cause your skin to age more quickly, and also put you at risk of developing skin cancer.