Pregnancy is an amazing transformation. It is also a time to prepare for the birth of your child. The best way to prepare is by taking care of yourself.
Staying healthy depends on you. When you are healthy, your baby is healthy. It also means you will have a problem-free pregnancy. Here are some helpful suggestions on how to care for yourself:
– Eat whole and healthy foods. Be sure to eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. It will increase your energy levels and keep morning sickness away. Also, vary your diet as much as possible.
– Take great care of your skin by using moisturizers and anti-blemish agents. To be on the safe side, ask your doctor about the products you are using.
– Increase your fluid intake. This will help prevent the buildup of fluids in the body. It also will keep you hydrated.
– Cut back on the caffeine. It prevents the body from easily absorbing iron. It also prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep. Caffeine can also contribute to heartburn and cause headaches.
– Stay away from chemicals containing lead or mercury. Be sure your drinking water doesn’t contain lead. Also, avoid pesticides and other hazardous products.
– Try as much as possible to avoid stress. It is unhealthy for you and the baby. Join an exercise program or yoga class.
Style Craze. 10 Pregnancy Personal Care Tips. Author: Namita.
Midwifery Today. Ten Ways To Take Care Of Yourself In Pregnancy. Author: Jennifer Rosenberg.
Baby Center. Twelve Steps To A Healthy Pregnancy.
What To Expect. How To Stay Healthy During Pregnancy.