Dry air in the cabin and the stressors of flying can take their toll on your skin. If you’re heading off on a long-haul flight or just traveling for a few hours, make sure you’re well-prepared for the flight with skincare products and strategies that will keep your skin glowing for hours after departure. Here are six beauty and skincare essentials to help you maintain a fresh-faced look after that long flight:
1. Reduce puffy eyes with ice. Applying ice cubes wrapped in a napkin to the under-eye area can reduce puffiness and freshen up the eyes to give you a wide-eyed look. Just ask for some ice shortly before landing to give delicate skin around the eyes a quick boost. You can also apply a cooling eye gel before landing to freshen up tired-looking eyes.
2. Give skin a boost with mineral water. Spraying skin with mineral water is a great way to freshen up tired-looking skin and achieve a dewy glow. I always pack a small canister of evian® Facial Spray for long-haul flights because it helps to keep my skin soft and moisturized for hours. A few spritzes is all it takes to give your skin a boost of moisture and you don’t have to reapply your makeup.
3. Drink more water. Eating foods with a high water content and skipping the alcohol will keep you hydrated during the flight and also keep your skin looking healthier. Plan on drinking more water throughout the flight so you don’t get dehydrated – your skin will show it.
4. Freshen up locks with dry shampoo. Pack a travel-size version of your favorite dry shampoo so you can give your hair a quick spritz and brush the product through your hair for an instant refresher. This is a great way to keep your hair smelling clean and will also has volumizing properties.
5. Get some rest. Even though it can be difficult to clock in snooze time on the flight, getting some sleep or even just relaxing with your eyes closed can help you feel refreshed and look rejuvenated when you land. Pack a relaxing sleep mask or neck pillow to make the flight that much more comfortable and get some much-needed rest.
6. Keep lips hydrated with a lip treatment. Your lips can dry out quickly during a flight but you can keep them soft and supple with the right lip treatment. Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear is perfect for travel and contains natural extracts to hydrate and soften your lips. If you want to add a hint of color, be sure to pack a FRESH Sugar Lip Treatment . It plumps up the lips and has sunscreen to protect lips from UV damage.