It can be really stressful to find the perfect name for your bundle of joy. New parents have enough to worry about throughout their pregnancy and planning and what can seem like the most fun part can easily turn into your worst nightmare. Everyone has an opinion. Family and friends will certainly voice theirs against all your favorite names.
The definition of names is really important to some mothers and fathers to be. Sifting through every list and book can add even more to your stress levels. I do the work for you and find and comment on some of the best names out there that mean beautiful.
1. Adah: Short and sweet, Adah is a beautiful name. It is a perfect name for parents who don’t like nicknames.
2. Fineena/Fineen: With great female and male versions, this name fits in with the popular sound of today but both are still unique. Fin is a popular nickname right now, and the girls version has the great Neena!
3. Adara: I recently fell in love with this Hebrew name. It’s so beautiful and simple all at the same time. It also has the nicknames Addie and Dara.
4. Rosalind: I adore this name and it is so interesting that it’s not more popular than it is. It’s definitely a gem that is waiting to be rediscovered. It doesn’t get classier than Rosalind.
5. Mabel: With Hazel and Penelope coming back, Mabel is on its way too. It helps that it has such a “beautiful” definition.
6. Jacintha: Jessica is overdone! I know, because it’s my name. Jacintha is a wonderful alternative and has a classic sound while still bringing something hip and fresh to the table.
7. Calista: Calista Flockhart really brought this name to the forefront, but it didn’t take off like I thought it would. I think it is a lovely name and has a great energy.
8. Kane: This boy’s name is short, strong, and to the point. It’s like the modern John.
9. Sapphire: Diamond is quite popular, but I prefer Sapphire for a jewelry or gem name bestowed on a child.
10. Beau: This is a great name for a little boy and it will grow up with him too! I prefer this spelling to the way too short Bo.
11. Akemi: A beautiful Japanese name that can work on a boy or a girl, Akemi is a great choice. Kem is a cute nickname too.
12. Clarinda: Claire and Clara are back, but if you need something a little fancier, Clarinda is the perfect option for you.
13. Maliha: The President has a daughter with an alternate spelling to this name, and it’s no surprise that it has shot the name up the top 300 list. It’s definitely a beautiful name!
14. Emiko: I love this option and it definitely works as a unisex name. Miko is one of my favorite nicknames! If used for a girl, Emi is a fantastic nickname too!
15. Hamilton: Meaning “from the beautiful mountain,” this is a solid choice for a little boy. Though, it might come with the nickname Hammy.
16. Akeno: I really like this name for a little boy, though it could potentially be unisex. Keno is a really cool nickname and it has a great energy.
17. Campbell: I know a little boy with this name and his last name is rice. If he can get the soup comparisons, than so can you!
18. Anwen: I love this name for a little girl! It’s got such a beautiful, poetic sound to it and looks gorgeous in writing as well. I like it as an alternative for Megan.
19. Merinda: I’m not the biggest fan of Miranda, but the slight change of Merinda and you’ve got me sold. I like the nickname Meri and just love the sound of the name as a whole.
20. Zaara: This is one of my favorite shorter female names. I also like it as simply Zara as well. Sara is one of the most exhausted female names of all time, so why not spice it up with my favorite letter, “z.”
21. Shalise: A beautiful name, Shalise lives up to its definition. With Shailene Woodley’s popularity, a lot of the Shay names are making there way back to popularity.
22. Kevin: This name is more traditional, but it’s surprising it’s not still top 50 because it fits right in with the popular sounds of today.
23. Beldon: Beldon is another option that fits in really well with the popular names of the day but brings something new to the table.
24. Krasava: This name hails from Eastern Europe and is like naming your child beautiful or bonita but in the slavic languages. I think it has really cool crossover potential.
25. Hurit: This Native American name is a great option for a little boy. It’s like a cooler Hewitt. It does have the problem that if you take out one letter it turns into hurt, so there is that to consider.
26. Mayoko: A really cool name, Mayoko comes with two awesome nicknames, Mayo and Yoko. Of course, the latter was sort of ruined by the whole Beatles problem, but I still think it’s a cool name.
27. Irvine: This Scottish name is a really cool name for a little boy and it’s also the name of a town in the U.S., so skip over Austin and Houston and try out Irvine.
28. Calliope: Grey’s Anatomy really brought this name to the forefront and it is a fun, edgy and exciting name, and comes with a really safe nickname. It’s Penelope’s cool older sister.
29. Sigrid: I’ve met a girl with this name and it just worked. It sounds a little like secret, which is kind of neat.
30. Mandere: This Kenyan name is unisex, though I’m more feeling it for a boy. It’s got a unique sound that really works.
31. Christabell: Meaning “beautiful Christian,” you’d probably need to be a little religious to go for this one. I do love that it combines some of the favorite female sounds of the last decades into one name.
32. Anusha: I love this Indian name and it worked so well when I met a girl with this name. It’s got a great sound and a beautiful spelling.
33. Zinnia: This is such a beautiful name and has my favorite letter, “z.” It sounds modern and hip, without sounding made up. I think it’s great for a little girl and also fantastic once she grows up.
34. Lucinda: Lucy and Lucia are coming back, so why not Lucinda? It gives all the little Lucy’s a more grown up monicker to use as an adult.
35. Tasanee: Hailing from Thailand, Tasanee is a really gorgeous, unique name. I love the nickname Tas. It’s an approachable name but sounds very edgy at the same time.
36. Ilona: Hungarian Ilona, is a cool choice for your little girl. Alana is overplayed, but Ilona has such a similar sound, but still carries that little bit of cool to differentiate it from the rest of the pack.
37. Keva: I love the ethereal sound of this name and the easy spelling. It’s an excellent choice for any little girl.
38. Jameelah: This Arabian name fits in perfectly with the popular sounds of the day and has great nicknames in Jami and Meelah.
39. Ervin: Close to Irvine, Ervin sharpens up the spelling and makes it a more approachable version of the name. It’s kind of like Edwin’s cousin.
40. Tegan: They say it’s unisex, but most of the little Tegan’s I’ve met have all been girls. I like Tegan way better than the Reagan craze.
41. Misa: If your little Misa ever becomes a teacher who has to be called Miss Misa, it could be confusing. Otherwise, this is a really cool choice.
42. Naveen: I really like this name and think it’s an excellent choice for parents who want something more interesting than Braden and Aiden. It could work for a girl too!
43. Bonita: Bonita has two great nicknames in Bonnie and Nita. It may be too literal for some, but I think it’s cute.
44. Jiang-Li: I love the sound of Jiang-Li and think both would be great nicknames as well. I really wish more names from around the world would cross over to the United States.
45. Zuri: If you like short names, this is one of the best. It has the “z” which, of course, I adore and it has a really pretty, simple sound.
46. Isolda: I was thrilled to find this name because I love the nickname Issy or Izzy. Isolda is a fabulous alternative to the ultra popular Isabella and the other frontrunner to the nickname, Isadora.
47. Ayana: Ethiopian for “beautiful flower,” Ayana is a name that is gaining popularity in the U.S. It is gorgeous and I prefer it to the other super popular Alana, because there’s less confusion about the pronunciation.
48. Branwen: Unisex and really cool, Branwen could easily make the leap to the top 100 in the next few years. It’s a fancier Brannen or Brandon and is a great fit for any little boy or girl.
49. Naavah: The definite female answer to Naveen, Naavah is a gorgeous answer to the ultra popular Ava.
50. Jolie: The Angelina comparisons might be too much for you, but I’ve met a couple little girls named Jolie and it is such an adorable name!!!
Much thanks to Meaning-of-names for helping me search for baby names that mean beautiful. Hopefully, you found some great choices for your little one.