Lure the kiddies away from electronics this summer by turning your outdoor space into a backyard oasis. Even if you are starting from scratch, turning your yard into a summer fun zone doesn’t have to break the bank. And with apps like Find&Save, you can find great deals on all the items you need. Here are some ideas to get your started on your perfect backyard retreat.
1. Set up a movie screen. Projectors are relatively inexpensive, and if you have the side of a house to project onto, then all the better! Sheets work in a pinch, but invest in a good projection screen if you think you’ll use it frequently.
2. Build a fire pit. There is something about a summertime fire that brings people together. Whether you want to create memories or relive some of your own, a backyard fire pit can be a center of conversation, maker of s’mores, and all-around protector against chilly nights.
3. Go camping. Now that you have a fire pit installed, why not pitch a tent and call it a campout? Top it off with spooky bedtime stories and campfire breakfast in the morning.
4. Hang a hammock. Everybody loves a hammock; the real challenge here is calling dibs. No trees to hang one from? Self-standing varieties let you place it where you like. Add a table, book, and tall, cold glass of lemonade for instant relaxation.
5. Light up the night. Double your backyard pleasure by installing pleasant outdoor lighting that invites you to stay outdoors come nightfall. Bistro lights are classic and add a festive touch to your outdoor decor, but solar-powered lighting is an eco-friendly choice that emits a pleasant glow well into the night.
Don’t forget to plan a backyard get together. No backyard oasis is complete without a group of friends to enjoy it with.
Photo via gchutka, iStock Photo