With todays technologic advances, it seems that everything from wedding ceremonies to family meals have become, well, instant! While some shortcuts are helpful for those with busy schedules, having immediate access to just about anything has abolished common skills that every self sustaining adult should obtain. Luckily for us(and our future families), Pinterest was launched in March, 2010.
1. Pinterest is a never ending cookbook. Whether it be a home cooked meal, a decadent dessert, or the latest fad in dieting, Pinterest will have you covered! I can honestly say that I’ve whipped up almost every meal on my “Food” board. Some were absolute failures, and others were “don’t knock it ’til you try it” concoctions. Reluctantly, some were winners! Who would’ve thought you could mash cauliflower and it tastes like mashed potatoes?! Shout out to Pinterest for increasing culinary skills in myself, and fellow members of Generation-Y.
2. You’ll never have to buy anything again! DIY until your heart explodes! There’s thousands of “Do It Yourself” tutorials on Pinterest. I’ve made flower pots, cleaning products, jewelry stands, etc. It’s wonderful! Would it have been cheaper to buy everything pre-made? Probably. Is it going to stop me from doing it again? No! There’s a special sense of satisfaction when you hand make something, even if it’s hideous.
3. The site will expand your common sense skills. If you’re an avid Pinner, you can completely relate. Scrolling down one of Pinterest’s many boards, there’s always one or two “Why didn’t I think of that?!” pins. For example, you can quickly cut up strawberries in an Egg Slicer. Why didn’t I think of that?! You can use your Keurig to make oatmeal. Why didn’t I think of that?! Pinterest, you’re a genius!
4. We all magically became Homeopathic Dermatologists. I think I’ve got it down; Apple Cider Vinegar, Aloe Vera, and Coconut Oil can cure just about anything on the skin. If you’re trying to get real fancy, throw in some tea bags, Olive Oil and honey, and you’ve got yourself one edible face mask. Don’t act like you haven’t tried it! Sometimes I worry that whatever madness I’m about to smear on my face, is just a made up potion from some bored prankster. Regardless, I always feel like I know some secret beauty trick.
5. Your house has never been more organized! In one trip to Dollar Tree, you can literally reorganize an entire space! I often don’t have any plan to de-clutter things that weekend, until I scroll through Pinterest. I don’t know why, but everything just looks so much cuter in Mason Jars!
6. (BONUS POINT!) My nonexistent family/wedding/house has been planned for a year. That’s right. Pinterest helped me plan my life! May it be the light fixtures in my future cabin, or how I plan to dress my future child, it’s all on there. I only need about $3 million to accomplish everything on my page, but at least it’s planned! Perhaps I can sell my Pinterest crafts and insane desserts to help with funding my unnecessarily, extravagant, Pinterest life.
All in all, Pinterest is awesome! For some(like myself), it has become the ultimate time-killer, and a never ending To Do list, of crafts. Whether it be a Chicken Wire lamp, or an artery-clogging cake recipe, Pinterest will have your back!