Veggie burgers are basically meatless burgers that do not contain any meat, as well as, eggs or dairy. A majority of the time, they are executed with vegetables. As a vegetarian of many years, I have to tell you, I am always trying new vegetarian alternatives that echo the classic hamburger. So, what are the best veggie burger substitutes?
1. Lightlife Backyard Grill’n Burgers. When it comes to veggie burgers, the key is not only the ingredients, but the flavor itself. Not only is this veggie burger the closest alternative to the real thing, it is free of genetically modified organisms (or GMOs) too.
2. Amy’s All American Veggie Burger. This meat-free delectable proves that it is not only healthy, but incredibly delicious too. If you are searching for an organic option that is both non-GMO and vegan, this one is perfect for you.
3. Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Burger. Some of the best meat alternatives are those that taste great, but resemble the classic. Not only is this burger super healthy, but it tastes absolutely delicious. This veggie burger is also GMO-free and vegan.
4. Organic Sunshine Burgers Quarter Pounder Original. Are the best things in life really free or are they natural? Using only whole-food ingredients, this healthy vegetarian option proves why it is one of the best meatless options around. Did I mention that it is non-GMO?
5. Follow Your Heart Burger. If something is created to embody or resemble the real thing, then it should also taste like it too. This meat-free specialty is not only deliciously healthy, it is free of genetically modified organisms (or GMOs) and is vegan.