We all need a little spare cash from time to time. But how can you get spare cash quickly?
Here are four things that you can do:
1. Sell your books. A lot of us have books lying around that we are not reading, despite our best intentions. Why not de-clutter your shelf and see what the bookstore will give you money for? Sometimes used bookstores don’t take the books, and then you can just sell them yourself at a yard sale. Sometimes the amount of money they take the books for is surprising! And there is a third scenario where they give you store credit for the books they can’t give you money for. Which means you might not be de-cluttering anything by buying more books, but at least you got them for free!
2. Sell your “useless” stuff. Craigslist is a great website for unloading things that you don’t need anymore. If you have some electronics or pieces of furniture that you don’t need then post a picture of them on Craigslist and name your price. People will buy these items!
3. Yahoo Contributors Network. I’ve mentioned before how much I love YCN as a tool for making a little extra cash while still having a great time writing articles. But, it bears repeating. If you like to write then it is a great way to get some articles published, while making money for your work. It’s also a great community, where you can read other people’s writing and comment and give them feedback.
4. Sell your clothes. There are consignment shops out there that will give you money for your clothes. Most notably, Plato’s Closet. These stores, just like used bookstores, have an idea about what they will take, but again, the worst case scenario is store credit. Or maybe they won’t take the clothes at all, but you can drop them off at the Goodwill and know that you’ve managed to de-clutter!
5. Babysit. The cliched job of teenagers actually pays really well if you have the time. And it is flexible if you need to work it around another job. You are allowed to say “no I cannot babysit at that time” and so that makes it one of the most flexible jobs ever. If you’re good with kids then you’ll find that moms are more than willing to tell others about you until you’ve managed to build some clientele.
What tips do you have?