Ever had those days where you’re running out the door and nothing you seem to do makes you look any better? Here are five quick beauty tips to help you!
1. A funky scarf. Sometimes I can’t get my hair to look normal. It’s because my hair is somewhere between wavy and curly and can’t make up its mind. But I’ve found that tying a cute scarf around my head does wonders to help with that. A can pin my hair around it in cool ways, and tuck or pin the weird strands under it. If you have thinner or more fine hair, you can use an old silk bow tie, which you can find at pretty much any thrift shop!
2. Switch to a clutch. This might just work for me, but when i’m stressed and trying to throw together a nice looking outfit, sometimes it helps to switch to a clutch instead of my big bag. After all, clutches are more of an evening style purse. The only downside is that you can’t fit a lot in them, but if I know I’m not going to need a lot, sometimes it helps my self-esteem to switch to a more fab purse. This same principal could be applied to a fancier pair of shoes.
3. A pop of color. For me, this means lipstick, but it could be an accent nail, or a bright purple cardigan. But finding something bright and eye-catching to wear is a good way to fake confidence when you’re feeling in a beauty rut. Also, people tend to look at those bright things and give you compliments on them!
4. Highlighting. A quick brush of a shimmery color underneath your lower lid, on either corner of your eye, and just under your brow bone, does wonders for making you look wide-awake. And lets be honest, sometimes looking like you slept is all you need!
5. Deep breaths. Take a deep breath after you’ve put everything on and look in the mirror. No matter what you see in there, you are more beautiful that you think you are, and beauty doesn’t matter as much as what you can do. So remember, confidence is sexy. Now take another deep breath and look at your reflection and say “I look awesome.”