If you’re like me, you love water, but you also enjoy flavor. Most flavored drinks have chemicals, caffeine or sugar. If you want to combine the purity of water with flavors from nature, use any of these 5 suggestions to make your own delicious and healthy drinks at home:
- Fruit. These naturally sweet foods are packed with juice that is perfect for flavoring water. Invest in a manual or electric juicer if you need some help squeezing out the good stuff.
- Mint. Steeping water in mint or simply breaking up some leaves into your water will give your water a slightly minty flavor to satisfy your needs.
- Lemongrass. Keep a pitcher of water in your refrigerator with as little or as much lemongrass as you’d like. The longer the lemongrass soaks, the more flavor it will release into your water.
- Ginger. In addition to giving your water a small kick of flavor, adding ginger to your drinks will give you the immune system-boosting benefits of ginger. Ginger is absolutely packed with goodness, so it’s a good idea to get used to the flavor and start drinking it in your water.
- Cucumber. While cucumber will only give your water a slight flavor, soaking slices of this vegetable in a pitcher of water sure is attractive. Get creative and throw in some berries and lemon slices to come up with your own flavored water concoction.