In a couple of weeks, we get to celebrate my niece Colleen’s high school graduation! I’ve been trying to think of a fun gift for her for a while, and I finally decided on a little dorm room survival kit.
Here’s my spin on the kit! I got everything at Target and tried to keep it in the green + yellow color scheme when possible (Colorado State colors)!
Dorm room survival kit:
1. Flip flops – Perfect for those trips to the communal bathrooms.
2. Power strip – She just got a smartphone (I know, right)? So she’ll need a place to charge up that, a laptop, tablet, etc.
3. Ear plugs – She’s an only child so I think she’ll want some privacy from her roommate!
4. Emergen-C – Ward off colds that seem to multiply on college campuses.
5. Tide Pods – I wish we had these in college, instead of lugging heavy detergent up and down stairs!
6. Seventh Generation wipes – Necessary for easy cleaning in the dorm room.
7. Goldfish – For late night snacks after the dining hall is closed.
Assemble everything in a fun storage bin or shower caddy, add some ribbon and you’re set! I included some fun money in the card (and the Target gift receipt in case she gets a similar gift).
Congratulations to the Class of 2014, especially my favorite niece!