Easter is a wonderful holiday to enjoy. There are a lot of fun foods and crafts to make to celebrate. Decorating and dyeing Easter eggs is one of the Easter’s traditions to do for this holiday. Your kids will love to do this with you. Here are three detailed Easter egg decorating and dyeing trends for 2014:
Decoupage Easter Eggs
- 1. Blown out Eggs
- 2. Decoupage glue
- 3. Decoupage paper
- 4. Scissors
- 5. Bristle Brush
- 6. Ribbon
- 1. Take your scissors and cut out your decoupage paper into shapes that you want to put on your already blown out eggs.
- 2. Spread with your brush decoupage glue on your egg. Be careful because your egg is fragile. Add your decoupage paper onto the egg. Cover your egg with it. Smooth out bubbles. Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
- 3. Once dried coat entire egg with decoupage. Let dry. Once dry add a cute ribbon to the top of the egg.
Star Sticker Easter Eggs
- 1. Hard boiled eggs
- 2. Egg dye
- 3. Vinegar
- 4. Water
- 5. Cups
- 6. Egg dipper
- 7. Star stickers
- 1. Take your hard boiled eggs, and put star stickers all over the egg.
- Dye the hard boiled eggs according to the directions on the egg dye box. You will probably have to use egg dye, vinegar, water, cups, and an egg dipper to dye the eggs. Make all different colors of eggs.
- 2. Let the dyed eggs dry completely.
- 3. Once the dyed eggs are dry, gently peel off the star stickers. You will have beautiful dyed eggs with white stars on them.
Rubber Band Dyed Easter Eggs
- 1. Hard boiled eggs
- 2. Rubber bands
- 3. Egg dye
- 4. Vinegar
- 5. Water
- 6. Cups
- 7. Egg dipper
- 1. Take your already made hard boiled eggs, and wrap rubber bands around the eggs. Only put a couple of rubber bands on an egg, and make them crisscross around the egg. You want to make sure you have plenty of egg space showing.
- 2. Now dye your eggs according to the directions on the egg dye box. You will probably have to use egg dye, vinegar, water, cups, and an egg dipper to dye the eggs. Make all different colors of eggs.
- 3. Wait until your dyed eggs are completely dry.
- 4. Once your dyed eggs are dry, pull off the rubber bands. You will now have beautiful patterned dyed eggs.