1. Take the day for granted. Fail to recognize that it is a special gift from God.
2. Focus on the problems rather than the possibilities.
3. Complain! Complain! Complain! You can always find something to gripe about.
4. Recount the ways others have mistreated you and throw a pity party.
5. Forget to say “please” and “thank you.” Be rude.
6. Don’t take time to pray. There is not peace for an “un-centered” heart.
7. Cram every minute full of busy activity. Eliminate margin (breathing room.)
8. Criticize and belittle your family members. As Disraeli said, “to belittle is to be little.”
9. Spend the entire day watching television. Contentment will evaporate as you vegetate.
10. Count your burdens rather than your blessings. Focus on the negative rather than the positive.
11. Be sure to whine when things go wrong. Whining is the cry of a shriveled soul.
12. Lose your temper! Let it explode in angry tirades.
13. Be a perfectionist. Refuse to be happy unless everything is just right.
14. When you don’t get your own way, stick out your bottom lip and pout.
15. Refuse to admit your mistakes. Eliminate “I’m sorry” and “I was wrong” from your vocabulary.
16. Cry over spilled milk. Be absorbed with problems you can’t fix.
17. Make excuses. This is much easier than making progress.
18. Find fault with every and situation. Be sure everybody knows what’s wrong.
19. Blame other people for your own mistakes.
20. Fail to read and apply the Bible. When you ignore God and try to manage life on your own — you’re sure to mess it up!