Similar to coffee grounds and tea leaves, banana peels have a lot of beneficial qualities that are sure to make you think twice before you toss them carelessly into the garbage. From a magical shoe polish to a super teeth whitener, here are 20 helpful and amazing uses for banana peels!
1) Shoe Polish: The inside of a banana peel makes a fantastic shoe polish. Simply rub the peel around your shoe and then buff it with cloth. Your shoes will look as good as new.
2) Soothe Itches: Forget expensive itching creams because banana peels can soothe bug bites once and for all. They are also a great remedy for poison ivy.
3) Moist Roast: Next time you’re cooking up a roast for dinner, add a banana peel to the mix to ensure that it comes out nice and moist rather than dry and chewy.
4) Cure Acne: Rub a banana peel on any pimples or blemishes and embrace clear skin!
5) Anti-Depressant: Studies have shown that drinking boiled banana peel water can help appease depression. You can also simply juice the peel for the same benefits.
6) Plant Fertilizer: Cut banana peels into small pieces and place them in the soil of your plants. As the peel composts, it will provide the plant with tons of wonderful nutrients.
7) Aphid Control: In addition to fertilizing your plants, the banana peel will also help repel those pesky little critters known as Aphids that are known to eat and destroy plants.
8) Heal Scrapes: Help your scrapes heal quicker by rubbing a banana peel on them.
9) Heal Bruises: Although this may take a bit of time, applying a banana peel to a bruise can help soothe the discoloration and swelling of a bruise.
10) Heal Hemorrhoids: Banana peels can even help heal hemorrhoids. Use the peel exactly as you would to cure acne, scrapes or bruises.
11) Clean Houseplants: Remove the lingering dust and dirt from your houseplants by rubbing them with a banana peel. This will also give them a nice shine!
12) Heal Psoriasis: If you suffer from psoriasis, applying a banana peel to the affected areas twice a day can help appease the irritation and scaling.
13) Silverware Polish: For clean and polished silverware, buff them up with a banana peel.
14) Remove Warts: Use an ace bandage to fasten a banana peel to your wart, leave it on overnight and repeat this for at least a week. Not only will this help remove the wart but it will also prevent any new ones from appearing in its place.
15) Rash Removal: By applying a banana peel to a rash, it will soothe the itching to the point where it will be completely healed within a week.
16) Teeth Whitener: You can achieve whiter teeth in just a few simple weeks by rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your teeth every day after brushing. The manganese and potassium found in the peel will also help to strengthen their enamel for reduced sensitivity.
17) Splinter Removal: Place a banana peel onto the skin where the splinter is with athletic tape for a couple of hours. When you remove the peel, the splinter will be much easier to remove.
18) DIY Face Mask: Due to the many nutrients and enzymes found in the banana peel, they make a great face mask for people who want to nourish and moisturize their skin.
19) Reduce Puffy Eyes: Applying a banana peel under your eyes will help reduce puffiness for a much more refreshed and awake appearance.
20) Soften Cracked Heels: Sick of your cracked and sightly heels ripping your stockings? Rub a banana peel on them to soften the cracks and remove the dry skin.
Don’t let your banana peels go to waste any longer! Now that you know 20 awesome things to do with banana peels, what are you most excited about doing?