There are beauty products on the market that cost hundreds even thousands of dollars! Who has that kind of money to throw around these days? Luckily, beauty does not have to expensive. In fact, some of the best DIY beauty products and treatments cost absolutely nothing. Feel confident and save your precious money with the help of these fabulously frugal beauty tips.
1. Tossing out your “empty” bottle of mascara? Think twice! Add a couple of drops of saline solution to your mascara bottle to make it last longer.
2. Avoid expensive anti-aging creams and facials by applying a simple, all-natural yogurt to your face for fifteen minutes at least once-a-week.
3. Prevent breakouts by washing your pillowcase as much as possible.
4. Instead of constantly spending money on new pantyhose, toss them in the freezer. The cold temperatures makes them last much longer.
5. Ditch expensive manicures by rubbing olive oil on your feet and then sleeping with socks on. Your feet will be soft and refreshed when you wake up in the morning!
6. Create your very own luxurious exfoliator by adding a couple tablespoons of sugar or coffee grounds into your body wash of choice.
7. Drying your hair with a towel can cause damage and frizz so use a 100% cotton t-shirt instead!
8. Use baby powder in-between washes as a dry shampoo.
9. Save your conditioner by only applying it to the ends of your hair. Your roots don’t need the moisture as much because that is where most of the oil is supplied.
10. Use hair conditioner as shaving cream! The conditioner will make your legs extra touchable but it also makes your shave last longer.
11. Make your own delicious and stunning lip-gloss by mixing Vaseline and a powdered pink lemonade mix. This looks great and tastes amazing!
12. Use a lip brush when applying lipstick, especially if it is in a tube. Not only does this make the product last longer but it allows you to get the last bits out when you think it’s gone.
13. Rinse your hair with vinegar to make it super shiny! If you dislike the odor, mix in a couple drops of lavender or your preferred essential oil.
14. Use baby oil as an inexpensive eye-makeup remover.
15. Mix one part baking soda and one part hydrogen peroxide for a DIY teeth whitener that works just as well as expensive name-brand products.
As you can now see, looking great and feeling even better doesn’t have to involve expensive makeup products from department stores. Chances are, you already have everything in your home that you need to create many DIY beauty products!