As a proud baseball mom to two enthusiastic Little Leaguers, I know a thing or two about baseball snacks. From baseball-themed birthday parties to after-game snacktime, there’s been a large share of sports-related food in our family. So if you’re looking for baseball-themed food ideas, whether you’ve got a birthday party or sports team celebration in the works, you’ve come to the right place. Here are 11 easy, kid-friendly baseball-themed snacks and treats:
1. Cut-out cookies – For this easy, no-nonsense treat, simply bake an assortment of baseball-related cut-out sugar cookies, using cookie cutters in the shapes of jerseys, hats, baseballs, mitts, bats and shoes. Decorate with colored frosting as needed.
2. Ice cream baseballs – Serve this cool, tasty baseball-themed treat after a hot summer game. Serve round balls of vanilla ice cream (baseballs) in molded waffle or cookie cups (mitts). Sprinkle the ice cream strategically with red sprinkles, red-hots, or strawberry topping to create red lines on the baseballs.
3. Fruit leather mitts – For a healthy after-game snack, cut fruit leather into the shape of baseball mitts and bats.
4. “Bats and balls” – Choose your assortment of snack items, whether healthy or indulgent. Try pairing breadsticks, pretzel rods, carrot sticks, celery sticks, cut peppers, or string cheese (bats), with deviled eggs, olives, melon balls, or circles of cheese (balls).
5. Mini corn dogs – Looking for baseball-themed party food? Go no further than mini corn dogs. Roll cocktail wieners, or halved hot dogs, in cornmeal batter and fry.
6. Homemade caramel popcorn – Make your own homemade version of Cracker Jacks, the ultimate baseball-themed snack, by combining popped corn with nuts and caramel sauce (purchased or homemade), baking in the oven, then letting cool.
7. Baseball diamond blondies – Make a traditional pan of blondies (or brownies, if you prefer). When cool, use white icing to outline a baseball diamond on each blondie top, and white chocolate chips for bases and home plate.
8. Mini hot dogs – The classic baseball stadium food, hot dogs, can be updated for a cute baseball-themed snack. Rather than a full-size dog, use cocktail wieners or halved franks, and set them atop a small ‘bun’ of croissant or biscuit dough before baking.
9. Baseball cupcakes – Bake classic cupcakes, whether in paper liners or cones, then frost with white and red icing (or use fondant) to resemble baseballs.
10. Popcorn balls – Make homemade popcorn balls, place in individual serving bags, then distribute at the field for a quick after-game, baseball-themed snack.
11. Baseball cake balls – Using a simple cake ball recipe (or by making a ‘truffle on a stick’), dip cake ball centers in white chocolate and let cool. Lastly, use decorating tips to add red stitches onto the white balls to resemble baseballs.
Whether you’re a team parent in charge of post-game snacks, celebrating a team’s end of season, or pulling together ideas for a sports birthday party, these baseball-themed snacks and treats are your best bet. Got any other ideas? Leave them below, and add to our growing list of sports treat ideas.